(Sr.) Designer, MarComLearn More
Status: Full Time
Purpose of Position:
Experienced designer needed to create and conceptualize thoughtful brand extensions for Maker and its vertical channels across genres. Individual will execute and aide in the development of corporate collateral creating a story with logic and flow via strong design, will develop a clear corporate identity manual for Maker and its sub-brands, and will create brand materials for events (overall concept, signage, merchandise, etc.), sponsorships (trade shows/booths, etc.), and one-off projects. The role requires creative thinking, expertise in design, typography, color theory, and composition, with knowledge in packaging design and brand identity. Role will translate marketing and brand strategies, and individual must have an elevated level of taste with a clean, modern design aesthetic.
Role will work with the Senior Manager, Brand Marketing and Manager, Special Events; overseen by Senior Director of Brand Strategy and Communications.
• Drive the development and communication of design guidelines and patterns, with focus on providing a consistent and intuitive experience across collateral
• Create, adhere to, maintain and enhance the organization style guide
• Work with Senior Manager, Brand Marketing to execute and aide in the development of corporate collateral, most notably presentations
• Oversee print production processes and maintain familiarity with print vendors
• Work with Manager, Events on concepts for event designs
• Translate design briefs into quality design solutions across departments
• Develop and maintain design mockups for presentations, collateral, events, etc.
• Conceptualize and communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Inspire yourself and the team around you to deliver the best design possible
• BA/BFA preferred in a design or demonstrated proficiency
• 5+ years of experience designing for both print and interactive
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office—most importantly PowerPoint; Keynote a plus
• Knowledge of design processes and methodology
• Exceptional communication skills, including writing/copywriting
• Detail-oriented, self-starter, comfortable in a fast-pace environment
• Strong knowledge and understanding in brand marketing/design, and branding process
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer